D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition Nomad Catalyst 60c was designed by Dr. Peter D'Adamo to provide the Nomad metabolism with a source of non-protein nitrogen; nutrients that can help participate in 'one carbon metabolism', nutrients that help enhance proper epigenetic function and neuroprotective antioxidants.
Nomad Catalyst Strategy:
- Biotin: Along with copper (in the Nomad Catalyst formula) biotin has significant nutritional effects on epigenetic gene functions, encouraging the proper function of the histones (molecules by which DNA can coil or uncoil itself)
- Choline Bitartrate: Choline participates (along with folate) in 'one carbon metabolism.' Single-carbon reactions are important in amino acid metabolism and in biosynthetic pathways leading to DNA, RNA, membrane lipids, and neurotransmitters.
- Creatine: Is a neuroprotective and a supplier of 'non-protein nitrogen.' It has beneficial effects on immune fucntion, cognition and muscle tissue metabolism.
- L-Methionine: This essential amino acid (protein building block) is a 'methyl-donor.' Dietary sources of methyl donors are critical for proper epigenetic gene repair. Most methyltransferase reactions use methionine as the source of methyl groups.
- Panax Ginseng: A well known herbal, ginseng is an adaptogen which allows the body to better handle stress.
- Magnolia: Magnolia has two well-studied antioxidant flavones, honokiol and magnolol. Magnolia has stress-alleviating actions (for which it is extensively prescribed in Japanese Traditional Medicine), helps the body to control inflammation and helps the body to recover more quickly and effectively from temporary stress.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings per Container: 60
Amount per Serving:
Biotin ... 1,000mcg
Creatine ... 325mg
(from Creatine Monohydrate)
Choline Bitartrate ... 100mg
L-Methionine ... 50mg
Magnolia Bark Extract ... 50mg
Panax ginseng Root Extract ... 50mg
GenoPlex Proprietary Blend ... 50mg
Turmeric (Curcuma longa Root), Green Tea Extract (from Camilla sinensis Leaf), Garlic Bulb (Allium sativum), Dandelion Leaf (Taraxacum officinale), Bilberry Fruit Extract (Vaccinium myrtillus), and Black Cherry Fruit Extract (Prunus serotina).
Other ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose, L-Leucine, and Silicon Dioxide.
About the Manufacturer
Some of the benefits of using North American Pharmacal Right For Your Type products:
- A Superior Philosophy of Employment. When you know specific information about your biochemical individuality, using supplements can become much more effective. For example, in blood type A, the absorption of certain minerals is enhanced by pairing them with specific amino acids.
- Proper Dosage. Many supplements have unnecessary high doses of nutrients, introducing the risk of supplement overdose at one end, and wastefulness at the other. When we target supplement design to the individual, it assures not just the effective dose, but rather the proper dose: the minimum amount necessary to do the job.
- Unstinting Quality. I've been designing and testing natural products for over three decades. Over the years I've seen many changes; small, artisan-based companies that took pride in their delivery, education and techniques being replaced by corporate systems indistinguishable from any other industry, staffed by people who would just as soon sell you a mobile phone contract. Under these circumstances cost-cutting becomes company policy. But does the cost-cutting lead to loss of quality? Very often. At NAP we just don't think that way. These are the same supplements that I give my kids, prescribe to my patients, and take myself. Larch is a good example. Most larch products in the marketplace are food-grade, with a high gum content. NAP always uses nutraceutical grade larch.
- Science Based. Quality involves much more than just delivering what is promised on the label. For example, NAP uses a sea-plant derived calcium to make its PHYTOCAL series of individualized multiminerals. It is only found in one location in the ocean off the Beara Peninsula, in South Western Ireland. Our sea calcium grows for around five years in the crystal clear, pollution-free Atlantic waters, absorbing minerals and nutrients from the sea. The seaweed then falls to the ocean bed, where it becomes calcified. Local tidal patterns wash and gather it into one deep bed, the location of which is known to only a few people. We were the first company to market larch arabinogalactan (ARA6), now a staple of natural immune enhancement, almost twenty years ago.
- Education, Not Marketing. Many stores will not stock NAP products because they consider the educational curve 'too steep.' Why spend an hour with a client explaining lectins (and perhaps educating yourself) when the vitamin E and calcium on the shelf just sell themselves? We strive to deliver high quality educational content with our products. Our customer service folks are enthusiastic followers of the diet themselves. When you see an NAP product on a store shelf, that's the sign of a store that is really interested in taking the time to help people.