NO DOCTORS ORDER NEEDED! YOU RECEIVE THE RESULTS!
Organic acids are metabolic intermediates produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, or intestinal microbial activity. Accumulation of specific organic acids in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. This may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up, or drug effect.
Your body is constantly generating products from metabolic reactions. Modern technology allows the accurate measurement of these metabolic products in urine. Many of the compounds that are found give clues about how your body is working and where specific additions of vitamins or minerals may be needed. For example, scientific research has shown that a deficiency of vitamin B12 produces high levels of a urinary organic acid called methylmalonic acid. Other organic acids can show deficiencies of vitamin B1, vitamin B6, or folic acid. This profile measures many such compounds that let us see evidence of your need for virtually all B-vitamins. Also included are organic acids produced by intestinal bacteria and yeasts as well as products of hormones and detoxification.
An Important Test for Chronic Illness
Many chronic health problems can be difficult to diagnose, especially when they involve nonspecific symptoms such as fatigue, foggy thinking, malaise, gastrointestinal upset, joint aches,or sleep cycle disturbances. Standard medical tests are designed to identify disease states. Organic acid testing does not diagnose disease; it helps to give insight into the causes of disease. This profile helps us assess specific metabolic dysfunctions. Then we can customize a nutritional program for you that manages those areas in need of support. This allows an approach that is beyond symptom management. Our goal is to identify dysfunctions related to nutritional deficiencies and correct them before disease is allowed to develop.
Conditions that doctors may use Organix for include:
The Organix Profile features…
- Developmental Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue
- Genetic Tendencies
- Heart Disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Toxic Exposure
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
From a single urine specimen, the Organix Profile provides important information in the areas of:
- The broadest array of clinically relevant analytes, many available only in the Organix Profile, including:
- Xanthurenate, a specific marker of vitamin B6 deficiency
Formiminoglutamate (FIGLU), an indicator of folic acid insufficiency
Quinolinate, a highly neurotoxic L-tryptophan metabolite
8-OH-deoxyguanosine, a specific product of oxidative damage to DNA
D-Lactate, a sensitive marker of L. acidophilus overgrowth and potential neurotoxin
D-Arabinitol, a well-documented marker of Candida sp. dysbiosis
- Metametrix innovation. In the Organix Profile, we’ve replaced less accurate GC/MS methods with LC/MS/MS, assuring greater reliability.
- Metametrix quality and reliability backed by over 20 years of experience.
- Vitamin and mineral insufficiencies
- Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and NAC
- Oxidative damage and anti-oxidant sufficiency markers
- Indicators to assess detoxification sufficiency
- The best functional markers of B-complex deficiency
- Neurotransmitter metabolites to assess CNS function
- Mitochondrial energy production assessment via citric acid cycle components
- Methylation sufficiency status
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 sufficiency markers
- Specific dysbiosis markers for bacterial and yeast overgrowth