Gastrointestinal Health Panel by Diagnos-Techs is a non-invasive screen of the gastro-intestinal tract and its function. It includes at least 15-22 individual, but related tests. Stool and saliva samples are submitted by the patient after home collection.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
The Gastrointestinal Health Panel™ The gastrointestinal tract is essentially an external part of the body. This is the reason we do not have to sterilize our food, but only be sure it is clean and wholesome. Presently, the risk of being infected or infested by pathogenic organisms through food and water is ever increasing. This is due to several reasons: immigration; frequent overseas travel; importation of vegetables and fruits; lack of a public health policy to screen food handlers for transmissible pathogens; outdoor and wilderness excursions; alternate life- styles; agricultural pollution; pets at home, etc.
Parasite Mode of transmission & who is at risk
The predominant method of transmission of parasites is the fecal- oral route through hand contact with infected individuals or via contaminated water and food. Many parasites are highly transmissible within a household environment. All family members should be tested if one member is positive for GI infection.
People with suppressed immunity, eg. T-cell (white cell) dysfunction and defects in intestinal antibody (IgA) secretion, are predisposed to protracted and heavy infections with GI pathogens. Individuals with cancer and those receiving chemotherapy for cancer are very susceptible to parasitic infection(s). Frequent and excessive overutilization of antibiotics renders the GI tract more susceptible to chronic overgrowth of harmful micro-organisms. These can produce a wide range of systemic toxins and/or cause severe irritation of large areas of fragile, nutrient absorbing intestinal tissue.
Prevention of Parasites
- Observe strict personal hygiene habits
- Eat cooked food, when outside your home
- Wash fresh fruits & vegetables with soap & water
- Avoid drinking potentially contaminated surface water
- Before overseas travel, contact the CDC for tips
- Restrict pets to designated parts of the home
- Wash hands after touching pets
The GI Health Panel™ is worth considering for:
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Chronic loose stool or constipation
- Fat, grain, and food intolerance
- School & pool associated GI problems
- Chronic abdominal discomfort/pain
- Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia
- Excessive eating pattern/Anorexia
- Post travel loose stool/diarrhea
- Sudden changes in bowel habits
- Bloating, maldigestion, heartburn
- Excess gas and flatulence
- Chronic skin conditions
- Poor sleeping habits
- Stool culture for yeast
- Ova & Parasites
- Bacterial stool pathogens
- Clostridium difficile Antigens
- Giardia Antigen
- Cryptosporidum Antigen
- Ameba histolytica Ab
- H. pylori Ab
- Occult Blood
- Fecal pH
- Total Intestinal Lysozyme
- Alpha Anti-Chymotrypsin
- Gluten Intolerance Test
Treatment & Prevention of Parasites
Detection and specific diagnosis of the pathogens, including a broad spectrum of microfora and common parasites is of paramount importance. This is because successful therapy is dependent on two primary issues. First, accurate and specifc diagnosis of causative agent in a patient who presents with otherwise general and non-specifc complaints and symptoms. Second, specific therapeutic agents can be targeted to eradicate offending micro-organisms with an extremely high success rate, with minimal side effects.
About the Manufacturer
Diagnos-Techs, Inc. was established in 1987 and was the 1st lab in the United States to implement salivary based hormone assessment into routine clinical practice. For the past twelve years, our tests have converted many physicians in their preferences from run-of-the-mill mass production panels to precision diagnosis of problems. These tests have become powerful tools in evaluating gastrointestinal problems, stress and hormone related diseases and the overall wellness of the patient.