Zinc Serum levels detects the presence of zinc deficiency which can contribute to many mental health symptoms. Zinc is necessary for proper immune and brain functioning. Deficiency symptoms include: irritability, fatigue, depression, poor appetite, and poor sense of taste and smell. Zinc the removes toxic metals from the brain, such as copper, lead, cadmium, and mercury. NOT AVAILABLE IN NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY, AND CALIFORNIA.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Zinc deficiency symptoms:
- anger episodes,
- impaired immune function,
- stunting of growth,
- poor taste and smell sensitivity,
- impaired wound healing.
Those diagnosed with ADHD, autism, bipolar disorder, depression, eating disorders and schizophrenia, have been shown to have a greater incidence of zinc deficency than the general population.
About the Manufacturer
LabCorp operates a sophisticated laboratory network, with corporate headquarters in Burlington, NC, and more than 26,000 employees nationwide.LabCorp provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories and specialized Centers of Excellence.