The test uncovers potential genetic susceptibility to:
- ·Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Developmental Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Oxidative Stress
- Detoxification Capacity
- MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase)
- COMT (catechol-O-methyltransferase)
These genes affect how homocysteine and methionine are metabolized to support formation
of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe). The ability to donate methyl groups affects neurologic
function and is modifiable by proper B-vitamin intake.
· GSTM (glutathione-s-transferase, M, isoforum)
· GSTP (glutathione-s-transferase, P, isoforum)
These genes are responsible for detoxifying products of oxidative stress and carcinogens.
Variants decrease detoxification capacity.
· SOD-2 (Superoxide dismutase -2)
These genetic variants alter anti-oxidant enzyme activity and modify requirements for antioxidants.