Pure Encapsulations Macular Support Formula 120vcaps - IMPROVED is a combination of powerful antioxidants and botanicals designed to protect and support the macula, the central area of the retina responsible for sharp vision. Since the macula is extremely susceptible to free radical damage, current research emphasizes the importance of antioxidant supplementation in maintaining and improving macular health. N-acetyl-l-cysteine, a glutathione precursor, has been shown to protect against oxidative damage to the lens and to support healthy glutathione levels. Glutathione is one of the natural antioxidants found in retinal tissues. Bilberry, containing anthocyanidins, may help moderate visual fatigue and improve light to dark adjustments. Combined with these cofactors, grape seed extract helps provide antioxidant balance in the retina. This formula is also enhanced with lutein and zeaxanthin, the only two carotenoids found in macular pigment. Lutein and zeaxanthin promote the integrity and density of the macular pigment, as well as help maintain the health of the optical lens. The antioxidant activity of carotenoids and vitamin C provide optimal macular protection and ocular health.
Macular Support Formula
- two vegetable capsules contain:
- vitamin A (as beta carotene)25,000 i.u.
- vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)800 mg.
- n-acetyl-l-cysteine (free-form)250 mg.
- Setria® glutathione (reduced)50 mg.
- bilberry (vaccinium myrtillus) extract (fruit)80 mg.
- (standardized to contain 25% anthocyanosides)
- grape (vitis vinifera) extract (seed)50 mg.
- (standardized to 92% polyphenols)
- lutein10 mg.
- zeaxanthin2 mg.
- mixed carotenoids (as lycopene, lutein and zeaxanthin)1,445 mcg.
- ascorbyl palmitate (fat-soluble vitamin C)100 mg.
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- 2 capsules daily, in divided doses, with meals.
About the Manufacturer
At Pure Encapsulations, ingredient quality and manufacturing excellence are their most important priorities. They manufacture their supplements in their own state-of-the-art facility in Sudbury, Massachusetts. Every step of the manufacturing process exceeds the requirements for nutritional supplement manufacturing. Each piece of equipment used in the manufacture of Pure Encapsulations supplements is dismantled and sterilized before each production run. Pure Encapsulations was founded by practicing physicians who were seeking the highest quality hypo-allergenic supplements for their patients.