NeuroHormone Panel Neurotransmitter,Hormone, Adrenal Test
NeuroHormone Panel detects changes in sex hormones and adrenal hormones which can lead to neurotransmitter imbalances. Includes neurotransmitter levels which can affect hormone and adrenal function.
This panel is especially useful in individuals who are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
• Mood disorders, depression, anxiety
• Addiction, dependency
• Fatigue, lack of stamina, insomnia
• Chronic illness, immune deficiency
• Cognitive confusion, learning challenges, declining memory
• Weight issues, appetite control
• Low libido, sexual dysfunction
• PMS, menopause, andropause
• Fibromyalgia, chronic pain
The Neuroendocrine Connection: Adrenal hormones, sex hormones, and neurotransmitters are functionally interrelated. Changes in sex hormones and adrenal hormones can lead to neurotransmitter imbalances. In turn, neurotransmitter imbalances can affect hormone function. Labrix offers neurotransmitter/hormone combination panels that can provide a more comprehensive view of the body’s functional neuroendocrine status, and can bring to light additional factors contributing to symptoms.This panel is the best starting point for initial assessment of hormonal status, adrenal function and neurotransmitter balance.
Includes a 15 minute consultation ( U.S. clients only) with an NP to review the results and formulate a treatment plan.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Tests requires 1 urine and 4 saliva samples:
Serotonin, GABA, Dopamine, Epinephrine, Norepinephrine, Glutamate, Glycine, Histamine, PEA
Cortisol 4 samples. Morning, noon, evening, and night.
About the Manufacturer
Labrix Laboratories state of the art salivary, urine and serum testing. Labrix is a CLIA registered laboratory.
Labrix once again is setting new standards in laboratory medicine. The Labrix neurotransmitter assays utilize HPLC Triple Quadrupole MS/MS technology which is proving to be the most accurate methodology for measuring neurotransmitters. The advantage of Labrix’ assays are higher sensitivity and reproducibility than currently available, which means greater confidence in the reported results.
Saliva Hormone Testing
Saliva testing is proving to be the most reliable medium for measuring hormone levels. Hormone levels in saliva accurately represent the amount of hormone delivered to receptors in the body, unlike serum which represents hormone levels that may or may not be delivered to receptors of the body. Clinically, it is far more relevant to test the amount of hormones delivered to the tissue receptors as this is a reflection of the active hormone levels of the body.
Urine Iodine Testing
The identification and treatment of an iodine deficiency has obvious benefits. In order to determine the daily amount of essential iodine required for whole body sufficiency, an Iodine Loading Test must be performed. This test is based on the premise that the more iodine-deficient the body is, the more ingested iodine is retained, and the less is excreted in the urine.