Estronex 2/16 OH Estrogen Ratio helps women to determine their risk for breast cancer. The Estronex 2/16 Test from Genova Diagnostics measures the ratio of these two critical estrogen metabolites from a single urine specimen. Estronex 2/16 ratios less than 2.0 indicate increasing long-term risk for breast, cervical, and other estrogen-sensitive cancers. Importantly, nutritional interventions can help raise Estronex 2/16 ratios and decrease long-term risk. The Estronex 2/16 Test features: A simple first-morning urine specimen; no blood draw is necessary. You send to the lab. Economical, so you can retest often to monitor therapy. Bone Resorption Test can be added for osteoporosis risk assessment at only a small incremental cost.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
When a major study of hormone replacement therapy in women was recently discontinued, clinicians and patients alike were left with unanswered questions. Why are certain tissues, such as the breast, susceptible to estrogen-induced cancer? Why are some women susceptible, but not others? Researchers at Rockefeller University have found that the body metabolizes estrogens into several different metabolites that can impact cancer development.
About the Manufacturer
Genova Diagnostics and Metametrix have merged.
Genova Diagnostics is a global leader in functional laboratory testing, pioneering innovative new approaches to personalized medicine.
These tests focus on wellness, and prevention and allow you to take an active role in managing your health.Functional testing is designed to help identify problems before chronic conditions and diseases develop. Unlike traditional labs that focus on disease pathology, Genova and Metametrix specializes in comprehensive panels that combine standard and innovative biomarkers to provide a more complete understanding of specific biological systems. Insurance billing for these tests requires a phone consult with one of our practitioners to determine which test is right for you and to assign the code required by your insurance company.
Want to find the cause of your symptoms?
1. Purchase your labtest online.
2. The Lab order is provided by us.
3. Collect your saliva, urine, or fingerstick at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require blood draw at a lab of your choosing.
4. You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
5. Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Not available in MD. Some tests not available in NY.
How do I know what test I need?
1. If you are already working with a practitioner ask them.
2. Call our office to schedule a phone consultation and get recommendations from our wellness practitioners.
3. Use our Genova-Metametrix test selection guide.