Essence Menopause Test identifies deficiencies (or excesses) of important sex hormones estradiol, estrone, estriol, progesterone, and testosterone. It can provide guidance in the therapeutic intervention of several conditions associated with sex hormone imbalances in women: Endometriosis Breast Cancer Hypertension and Heart Disease Osteoporosis Low libido Not Available to New York Residents.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Following menopause, a marked decrease in levels of estrogen and other sex hormones produces several distinct changes in female physiology. These changes can have a dramatic impact on a woman's physical and emotional health. Many conditions associated with this period of a woman's life, however, can be effectively overcome or modulated by re-establishing optimal hormonal balance.
Essence Menopause examines hormone levels in three salivary samples (collected over five days). Test results include three estradiol assays, three estrone assays, three estriol assays, three progesterone assays,and one testosterone assay.
Reference ranges for the Essence Menopause are based only on non-supplementing post-menopausal women. Transdermal and sublingual forms of hormone replacement, in particular, may cause significant elevations in salivary hormone levels. For these reasons, this assessment is recommended for use only as a baseline analysis of hormone levels in non-supplementing women.
About the Manufacturer
Genova Diagnostics and Metametrix have merged.
Genova Diagnostics is a global leader in functional laboratory testing, pioneering innovative new approaches to personalized medicine.
These tests focus on wellness, and prevention and allow you to take an active role in managing your health.Functional testing is designed to help identify problems before chronic conditions and diseases develop. Unlike traditional labs that focus on disease pathology, Genova and Metametrix specializes in comprehensive panels that combine standard and innovative biomarkers to provide a more complete understanding of specific biological systems. Insurance billing for these tests requires a phone consult with one of our practitioners to determine which test is right for you and to assign the code required by your insurance company.
Want to find the cause of your symptoms?
1. Purchase your labtest online.
2. The Lab order is provided by us.
3. Collect your saliva, urine, or fingerstick at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require blood draw at a lab of your choosing.
4. You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
5. Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Not available in MD. Some tests not available in NY.
How do I know what test I need?
1. If you are already working with a practitioner ask them.
2. Call our office to schedule a phone consultation and get recommendations from our wellness practitioners.
3. Use our Genova-Metametrix test selection guide.