This test measures intestinal permeability to large molecules which in‑flame the immune system and contributes to allergies, neurological disorders, inflammation and auto-immune disorders. Identifies the damaging route through the intestinal barrier.
Research confirms that the root cause for many undesired immune reactions originates in the gastrointestinal tract. GI tract abnormality can compromise the integrity of the gut barrier and increases the entry of undigested antigens into the sub-mucosa and the circulation, thus challenging the immune
system. Reaction to these antigens activates immune and inflammatory cascades, resulting in the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines and an array of antibodies, which further contributes to increased intestinal barrier permeability (or “leaky gut” syndrome).
- Lab order provided
- Blood draw required. Blood draw fee is included if there is a participating lab in your area. Mobile blood draws to your home or office are available for an additional cost. After you purchase the test the lab will call you to schedule your blood draw.
- You receive the results within 3 weeks by email.
- Not available to be drawn in New York
Increased permeability of the intestinal barrier to macromolecules is associated with a variety of local and systemic inflammatory conditions. Intestinal permeability can cause systemic inflammation,which can then sustain itself by its ongoing effect on the gut. The target tissue damage is primarily determined by genetics and exposure of environmental factors,leading to various clinical conditions including:
- Gluten Sensitivity and Celiac disease
- Food Allergies
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's disease)
- Numerous autoimmune diseases (Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, Type 1 Diabetes,Spondylitis, etc.)
- Neurological conditions (Multiple Sclerosis, Guillain Barré Syndrome, etc.)
- Cognitive Dysfunction (depression, anxiety, Schizophrenia, etc.)
Intestinal Antigenic Permeability Screen
Lipopolysaccharides (LPS) IgG
Lipopolysaccharides (LPS) IgA
Lipopolysaccharides (LPS) IgM
Collect: 5 mL red top or tiger top
About the Manufacturer
Cyrex Labs is an advanced clinical laboratory focusing on mucosal, cellular, and humoral immunology and specializing in antibody arrays for complex thyroid, gluten, and other food-associated autoimmunities and related neurodysregulation. Cyrex’s Scientific Advisory Board, comprised of experts from a variety of medical and research disciplines, brings together the latest findings from medical research and the assessment needs of today’s healthcare professionals. Out of this collaboration, Cyrex develops the next generation of clinical lab testing that is required to care for present-day complex maladies.
Cyrex adheres to and surpasses the highest standards of clinical laboratory testing worldwide. A Cyrex-designed quality control criterion called The Double Assurance System (QC2™) is the standard operating procedure at Cyrex Laboratories. In fact, Cyrex’s proprietary QC2™ method enhances the reproducibility, specificity, and sensitivity of all Cyrex arrays. Only Cyrex tests contain the accuracy enhancements provided by The Double Assurance System.