Genova Diagnostics NeuroGenomic Profile evaluates single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in genes that modulate methylation, glutathione conjugation, oxidative protection and the potential to evaluate vascular oxidation.
- Requires a blood draw.
- Small fee required to draw blood at lab of your choice.
- NOT AVAILABLE IN NEW YORK.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
The test uncovers potential genetic susceptibility to:
- Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Developmental Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Oxidative Stress
- Detoxification Capacity
- MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase)
- COMT (catechol-O-methyltransferase)
These genes affect how homocysteine and methionine are metabolized to support formation of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe). The ability to donate methyl groups affects neurologic function and is modifiable by proper B-vitamin intake. Detoxification
GSTM (glutathione-s-transferase, M, isoforum)
GSTP (glutathione-s-transferase, P, isoforum)
These genes are responsible for detoxifying products of oxidative stress and carcinogens. Variants decrease detoxification capacity. Oxidative Protection
SOD-2 (Superoxide dismutase -2)
These genetic variants alter anti-oxidant enzyme activity and modify requirements for antioxidants.
MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase)
SOD-2 (Superoxide dismutase -2)
GSMT (glutathione-s-transferase, M, isoform
GSTP (glutathione-s-transferase, P, isoform)
About the Manufacturer
Genova Diagnostics and Metametrix have merged.
Genova Diagnostics is a global leader in functional laboratory testing, pioneering innovative new approaches to personalized medicine.
These tests focus on wellness, and prevention and allow you to take an active role in managing your health.Functional testing is designed to help identify problems before chronic conditions and diseases develop. Unlike traditional labs that focus on disease pathology, Genova and Metametrix specializes in comprehensive panels that combine standard and innovative biomarkers to provide a more complete understanding of specific biological systems. Insurance billing for these tests requires a phone consult with one of our practitioners to determine which test is right for you and to assign the code required by your insurance company.
Want to find the cause of your symptoms?
1. Purchase your labtest online.
2. The Lab order is provided by us.
3. Collect your saliva, urine, or fingerstick at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require blood draw at a lab of your choosing.
4. You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
5. Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Not available in MD. Some tests not available in NY.
How do I know what test I need?
1. If you are already working with a practitioner ask them.
2. Call our office to schedule a phone consultation and get recommendations from our wellness practitioners.
3. Use our Genova-Metametrix test selection guide.