ImmunoGenomic Profile evaluates genetic variations, called single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), in genes that modulate immune and inflammatory activity. Polymorphisms affect the levels and activity of the cytokines. These variations can affect balance between cell-mediated (TH-1) and humoral (TH-2) immunity, reveal potential defects in immune system defense, and stimulate mechanisms leading to chronic, overactive inflammatory responses. Either oral rinse or blood draw. Oral rince is a simple sample you collect at home and send to the lab. NOT AVAILABLE IN NEW YORK.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
The test uncovers potential genetic susceptibility to:
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Certain Cancers
- Infectious Diseases
- Bone Inflammation
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Heart Disease
- Helicobacter pylori infection (cause of ulcers)
- Chronic Inflammation
This gene affects the duration and intensity of the acute inflammatory response. Thepolymorphism leads to increased production of IL-1B, hypochlorhydria, increased susceptibility to H. pylori infection, and gastritis and gastric cancer in
H. pylori-infected individuals.
TH-1 Cytokines (Viral Infection & Cancer)
- TNF-α (tumor necrosis factor-alpha)
Polymorphisms of this gene affect cell-mediated immunity, increasing production of the proinflammatory cytokine TNF-alpha. This can promote or exacerbate chronic conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, and asthma.
TH-2 Cytokines (Allergy, Asthma, and Atopy)
- IL-4 (interleukin-4)
- IL-6 (interleukin-6)
- IL-10 (interleukin-10)
- IL-13 (interleukin-13)
TH-2 cytokines promote humoral immunity, including the synthesis of IgE. They are generally regarded as anti-inflammatory; however, excessive activity of some of these cytokines may promote the development of allergic conditions such as atopy, asthma, and hypersensitivity. Low levels may result in chronic inflammatory conditions characterized by a TH-1 response. IL-6 has both pro- and anti-inflammatory properties; this cytokine drives the acute phase
response and can promote chronic inflammation and progression in autoimmune disease.
Buccal–Two morning collections of mouthwash rinse (20 ml)
or Blood–One 9 ml blood sample in EDTA tube
Blood–One 9 ml blood sample in EDTA tube
About the Manufacturer
Genova Diagnostics and Metametrix have merged.
Genova Diagnostics is a global leader in functional laboratory testing, pioneering innovative new approaches to personalized medicine.
These tests focus on wellness, and prevention and allow you to take an active role in managing your health.Functional testing is designed to help identify problems before chronic conditions and diseases develop. Unlike traditional labs that focus on disease pathology, Genova and Metametrix specializes in comprehensive panels that combine standard and innovative biomarkers to provide a more complete understanding of specific biological systems. Insurance billing for these tests requires a phone consult with one of our practitioners to determine which test is right for you and to assign the code required by your insurance company.
Want to find the cause of your symptoms?
1. Purchase your labtest online.
2. The Lab order is provided by us.
3. Collect your saliva, urine, or fingerstick at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require blood draw at a lab of your choosing.
4. You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
5. Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Not available in MD. Some tests not available in NY.
How do I know what test I need?
1. If you are already working with a practitioner ask them.
2. Call our office to schedule a phone consultation and get recommendations from our wellness practitioners.
3. Use our Genova-Metametrix test selection guide.