Genova Diagnostics DetoxiGenomic Profile test evaluates SNPs associated with increased risk of impaired detoxification capacity especially when exposed to environmental toxins. It also identifies individuals potentially susceptible to adverse drug reactions. NOT AVAILABLE IN NEW YORK.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Phase I: Cytochrome P-450
• CYP1A1 • CYP2A6 • CYP2E1 • CYP1C19
• CYP1B1 • CYP2D6 • CYP2C9 • CYP3A4
Phase I is the first line of defense in the detoxification of all environmental toxins, including
pesticides, herbicides, pollutants, and solvents, pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals, as well as
many of the body’s own waste products (including steroid hormones).
Phase II: Conjugation of Toxins and Elimination
Polymorphisms may lead to impaired metabolism of the catecholamine neurotransmitters (dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine) and may predispose individuals to anxiety, ADHD, alcoholism, and rapid cycling in bipolar individuals.
Acetylation (N-acetyl transferase)
• NAT1 • NAT2
NAT detoxifies many environmental toxins, including tobacco smoke and exhaust fumes.
Polymorphisms may result in slow or rapid acetylation, both associated with increased risk of lung, colon, bladder, or head & neck cancer.
Glutathione Conjugation (glutathione s-transferase)
• GSTM1 • GSTT1 • GSTP1
GST detoxifies many water-soluble environmental toxins, including solvents, herbicides, fungicides, and heavy metals (eg, mercury, cadmium, and lead). Defects in GST activity can contribute to fatigue syndromes and many cancers. Oxidative Protection (superoxide dismutase)
• SOD1 • SOD2
Mutations affecting these antioxidant enzymes can lead to increased free radical activity and cell damage, and may increase the risk of developing neurodegenerative disorders.
ANALYTE LIST: COMT V158M CYP 1B1 N453S CYP 1B1 V432L CYP 2A6*2 L160H CYP 2C19*2 2C192 CYP 2C19*3 2C193 CYP 2C9*2 R144C CYP 2C9*3 I135L CYP 2D6*3 A2637 CYP 2E1*5A P2E15 CYP 3A4*17 R162Q CYP 3A4*1B 290AG CYP 3A4*3 M445T CYP1A1*2A MSPI CYP1A1*2C I462V GSTM1 NAT 1 R187Q NAT 1 R64W NAT 2 G286E NAT 2 I114T NAT 2 K268R NAT 2 R197Q NAT 2 R64Q SOD 1 A4V SOD 1 G93A SOD 2 A16V GSTP1, A104V and A113V
Adrenocortex Stress Profile (ASP) Bacteriology, aerobic
Turn Around Time: 21 Days
About the Manufacturer
Genova Diagnostics and Metametrix have merged.
Genova Diagnostics is a global leader in functional laboratory testing, pioneering innovative new approaches to personalized medicine.
These tests focus on wellness, and prevention and allow you to take an active role in managing your health.Functional testing is designed to help identify problems before chronic conditions and diseases develop. Unlike traditional labs that focus on disease pathology, Genova and Metametrix specializes in comprehensive panels that combine standard and innovative biomarkers to provide a more complete understanding of specific biological systems. Insurance billing for these tests requires a phone consult with one of our practitioners to determine which test is right for you and to assign the code required by your insurance company.
Want to find the cause of your symptoms?
1. Purchase your labtest online.
2. The Lab order is provided by us.
3. Collect your saliva, urine, or fingerstick at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require blood draw at a lab of your choosing.
4. You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
5. Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Not available in MD. Some tests not available in NY.
How do I know what test I need?
1. If you are already working with a practitioner ask them.
2. Call our office to schedule a phone consultation and get recommendations from our wellness practitioners.
3. Use our Genova-Metametrix test selection guide.