Genova Diagnostics Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis 2.0 W/Parasitology test evaluates digestion, absorption, gut flora, and the colonic environment, and is indicated for all chronic GI problems, for acute bowel pattern changes, and for many systemic diseases. The Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis 2.0 is the most advanced non-invasive evaluation of specific gastrointestinal imbalances. It includes a parasitology component with the CDSA 2.0 that evaluates for parasites using microscopic examination and EIA testing. The profile is indicated for all chronic GI problems, for acute bowel pattern changes, and for many systemic diseases and provides a sensitivity panel for treating pathogenic flora. NOT AVAILABLE IN NEW YORK.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
To See A Sample Report Click Here!
Digestive complaints are among the most common reasons that individuals seek medical care. Recent evidence now confirms that GI abnormalities are associated with many conditions outside the GI tract.
General GI Extra-intestinal Specific GI Dysfunction: Indications:
Indigestion Osteoporosis Post Inflammatory IBS
Constipation Diabetes Crohns Disease or Ulcerative Colitis (IBD)
Diarrhea Arthritis Family history of IBD
Gas and Bloating Autoimmune disease Family history of Gastrointestinal cancers
Recent use of antibiotics Fibromyalgia Pancreatic Insufficiency
GI infection/Dysbiosis Chronic Fatigue Gallstones
(Pancreatic Elastase, Putrefactive SCFAs, n-Butyrate)
- Direct measure of Pancreatic Digestive Enzyme output without interference from digestive supplements, changes in stool transit time or marker variability. Low levels of digestive enzyme output are associated with intestinal and Extra-intestinal conditions.
Gut Immunology Markers:
(Calprotectin, Eosinophil Protein X)
This quantitative analysis identifies mild, moderate or severe inflammation within the GI tract. Elevations of these markers are associated with infection (bacterial, viral, & parasitic), food allergy, NSAID enteropathy, IBD and neoplasia.
GI inflammation is associated with Intestinal and Extra-intestinal conditions.
(Short Chain Fatty Acids, pH, Beta-glucuronidase, Bile Acids)
Abnormal levels of Short Chain Fatty Acids may indicate alterations in gut flora, insufficient dietary fiber, altered transit time and small bowel bacteria overgrowth.
The chemistry markers identify imbalances that are associated with increased toxic burden within the colon, increasing long-term risk for colon and breast cancers.
- Quantitative measures of the beneficial flora Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium
- Quantitative measures of additional flora, including strict pathogenic bacteria and potentially pathogenic and bacteria and yeast.
- An imbalance in GI flora is associated with Intestinal and Extra-intestinal conditions.
(EIA and microscopic evaluation)
- With the highest documented recovery rates (22% positivity rate), this Parasitology exam quantifies all ova and parasites identified.
- Includes microscopic evaluation for yeast and blood cells.
ANALYTE LIST: Deoxycholic AcidLithoCholic AcidLCA/DCA Ratio (Calculation)Bacteriology, anaerobicBacteriology, aerobicMIC Sensitivities, BacteriaEosinophil Protein XShort Chain Fatty AcidsYeast CultureBeta-GlucuronidaseBile-AcidsCalprotectinCryptosporidiumEntamoeba histolytica EIAMIC Sensitivities, YeastGiardia lamblia EIAPancreatic ElastasepHParasitology Identification, Trichrome StrainParasitology Identification, Concentrate Turn Around Time: 14 Days
Specimen Requirements: 5cc stool in each vial-3 SAF
82239 name: Deoxycholic Acid
82239 name: LithoCholic
Acid82239 name: LCA/DCA Ratio (Calculation)
87075 name: Bacteriology, anaerobic
87045 name: Bacteriology, aerobic
83520 name: Eosinophil Protein
X82492 name: Short Chain Fatty Acids
87102 name: Yeast Culture
84311 name: Beta-Glucuronidase
82239 name: Bile-Acids
83520 name: Calprotectin
87328 name: Cryptosporidium
87336 name: Entamoeba histolytica
EIA87329 name: Giardia lamblia
EIA82656 name: Pancreatic Elastase
83986 name: pH
About the Manufacturer
Genova Diagnostics and Metametrix have merged.
Genova Diagnostics is a global leader in functional laboratory testing, pioneering innovative new approaches to personalized medicine.
These tests focus on wellness, and prevention and allow you to take an active role in managing your health.Functional testing is designed to help identify problems before chronic conditions and diseases develop. Unlike traditional labs that focus on disease pathology, Genova and Metametrix specializes in comprehensive panels that combine standard and innovative biomarkers to provide a more complete understanding of specific biological systems. Insurance billing for these tests requires a phone consult with one of our practitioners to determine which test is right for you and to assign the code required by your insurance company.
Want to find the cause of your symptoms?
1. Purchase your labtest online.
2. The Lab order is provided by us.
3. Collect your saliva, urine, or fingerstick at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require blood draw at a lab of your choosing.
4. You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
5. Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Not available in MD. Some tests not available in NY.
How do I know what test I need?
1. If you are already working with a practitioner ask them.
2. Call our office to schedule a phone consultation and get recommendations from our wellness practitioners.
3. Use our Genova-Metametrix test selection guide.