Genova Diagnostics CardioGenomic Plus Profile Cheek Swab evaluates genetic variations, called single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), in genes that modulate blood pressure regulation, lipid balance, nutrient metabolism, inflammation, and oxidative stress. Mouth Rinse. Not available in New York.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
The test uncovers potential genetic susceptibility to:
- Myocardial Infarction
- Endothelial Dysfunction
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Cholesterol Regulation and Atherosclerosis
ApoE (apoliprotein E), CETP (cholesteryl ester transfer protein), SELE (selectin E)
These genes affect how the body breaks down and clears fats and how cholesterol is processed. They also affect lipid balance, plaque formation, and blood vessel integrity and function.
MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase)
Polymorphisms of this enzyme can disrupt the metabolism of homocysteine, resulting in its accumulation as well as impaired methylation. The presence of these SNPs can increase risk of cardiovascular disease, blood vessel damage, thromboses (blood clots), stroke, and degenerative aging.
GNB3 (guanine nucleotide-binding protein)
AGTR1 (angiotensin II receptor–1)
Polymorphisms of these genes are associated with blood vessel constriction, sodium
and water retention, obesity, and increased susceptibility to hypertension.
Factor 2 (prothrombin)
Factor 5 (Leiden)
These genetic variants can over-activate blood clotting processes, increasing the risk of sudden cardiac events such as thromboses, heart attacks, and strokes.
CYBA*8 (cytochrome b-245-alpha)
This genetic variant mediates the balance between oxidative stress and antioxidantdefense in smooth muscle cells lining blood vessels.
About the Manufacturer
Genova Diagnostics and Metametrix have merged.
Genova Diagnostics is a global leader in functional laboratory testing, pioneering innovative new approaches to personalized medicine.
These tests focus on wellness, and prevention and allow you to take an active role in managing your health.Functional testing is designed to help identify problems before chronic conditions and diseases develop. Unlike traditional labs that focus on disease pathology, Genova and Metametrix specializes in comprehensive panels that combine standard and innovative biomarkers to provide a more complete understanding of specific biological systems. Insurance billing for these tests requires a phone consult with one of our practitioners to determine which test is right for you and to assign the code required by your insurance company.
Want to find the cause of your symptoms?
1. Purchase your labtest online.
2. The Lab order is provided by us.
3. Collect your saliva, urine, or fingerstick at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require blood draw at a lab of your choosing.
4. You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
5. Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Not available in MD. Some tests not available in NY.
How do I know what test I need?
1. If you are already working with a practitioner ask them.
2. Call our office to schedule a phone consultation and get recommendations from our wellness practitioners.
3. Use our Genova-Metametrix test selection guide.