Genova Diagnostics Amino Acid Analysis Urine examines fasting blood or FMV samples for 40+ amino acids. Results can provide valuable biochemical information about many disorders, including chronic fatigue, learning disabilities, depression and immune problems. Not available to NY residents.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Have Medicare insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- 15 minute phone consultations with ARNP included with test.
The Amino Acids Analysis employs state-of-the-art high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) to perform the most comprehensive and sensitive assay available for urine or plasma analytes.
More than 40+ analytes can now be measured, providing information on a wide spectrum of metabolic and nutritional disorders, including: protein inadequacy, gastrointestinal insufficiencies, inflammatory responses, vitamin and mineral dysfunctions, detoxification impairments, cardiovascular disease, ammonia toxicity, food and chemical sensitivities, depression, neurological dysfunction, and inborn errors of metabolism.
A first morning void urine amino acid analysis, with results normalized per gram creatinine, provides an alternative when a complete 24-hour collection is not a viable option. The first morning void analysis is excellent for identification of marked abnormalities, particularly with respect to gastrointestinal health, inherited disorders in amino acid metabolism, and renal function, and can be used for protein challenge testing.
You will receive a test kit to collect the urine specimen in the privacy of your home.
Dietary Peptide Related Markers
Non-Essential Protein Markers
Intermediary Metaboytes & Diagnostic Markers
Turn Around Time: 10 Days
About the Manufacturer
Genova Diagnostics and Metametrix have merged.
Genova Diagnostics is a global leader in functional laboratory testing, pioneering innovative new approaches to personalized medicine.
These tests focus on wellness, and prevention and allow you to take an active role in managing your health.Functional testing is designed to help identify problems before chronic conditions and diseases develop. Unlike traditional labs that focus on disease pathology, Genova and Metametrix specializes in comprehensive panels that combine standard and innovative biomarkers to provide a more complete understanding of specific biological systems. Insurance billing for these tests requires a phone consult with one of our practitioners to determine which test is right for you and to assign the code required by your insurance company.
Want to find the cause of your symptoms?
1. Purchase your labtest online.
2. The Lab order is provided by us.
3. Collect your saliva, urine, or fingerstick at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require blood draw at a lab of your choosing.
4. You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
5. Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Not available in MD. Some tests not available in NY.
How do I know what test I need?
1. If you are already working with a practitioner ask them.
2. Call our office to schedule a phone consultation and get recommendations from our wellness practitioners.
3. Use our Genova-Metametrix test selection guide.