The Food Safe Allergy Test is a bloodspot finger prick test for food allergies that you can do yourself. It measures the total IgG antibodies that cause adverse food reactions or allergies to common food allergens (95 foods tested). Food IgG levels increase in response to the presence of the food antigens in the bloodstream, especially those foods eaten often such as corn, wheat, soy, and egg. IgG responses may cause delayed symptoms, such as joint or muscle pain, chronic headaches, fatigue, eczema, and psoriasis. Since IgG reactions often occur hours or days after particular foods are consumed, correlating symptoms can be difficult. The reactions can be subtle or severe, and may lead to chronic (long-term) symptoms and chronic degenerative conditions.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab.
- You receive the results by mail within 2-3 weeks.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
When an IgG food is avoided it may take 3 to 9 months for the antibody level against that food to decrease significantly. However, for the antibody level to return to the previous level, the food may have to be eaten frequently for weeks to months. For that reason, these foods are often less problematic when reintroduced; when consumed infrequently in a rotation diet, they seldom have to be avoided for life.
Food Allergens Tested For In Your Food Safe Allergy Test:
- Cheddar Cheese
- Cottage Cheese
- Cow’s Milk
- Goat’s Milk
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Swiss Cheese
- Whey New Zealand
- Egg White
- Egg Yolk
- Sunflower Seed
- Baker’s Yeast
- Brewer’s Yeast
- Cane Sugar
- Apple Mix
- Red Grapes
- Black Olive
- Green Bean
- Green Pepper
- Kidney Bean
- Lima Bean
Moderate to severely allergic foods should be eliminated for a period of 4 weeks.
Once the 4-week elimination period has ended, each food should be introduced one at a time, waiting at least 3 days before introducing the next food.
Create a diet diary including the foods that you “challenge” and the reactions or symptoms that occur after eating the food.
If the challenged food does not trigger symptoms after 72 hours of eating, add the food on the list of foods to be eaten on the rotation diet. If symptoms do occur, eliminate the food and try to introduce it again in 4 weeks.
Foods that fall into the “moderate” reaction category may be eaten once every 4 days in the rotation diet.
Your Rotation Diet will be most effective in helping you to rebuild your immune system if you follow these healthful guidelines:
- Try to reduce the toxic chemicals you consume in your foods, since these cause more problems for sensitive individuals than the foods themselves.
- Use fewer packaged foods, with all their preservatives and additives, and use more fresh or frozen fruits, vegetables, proteins, and whole grains or beans.
- Purchase organically grown foods (food grown without the use of toxic pesticides and other chemicals) whenever available or financially feasible. Wash non-organic fruits or vegetables in a solution of sodium bicarbonate or some nontoxic cleanser (like Basic H, Granny Green, or Grapefruit Seed Extract) to remove surface sprays and waxes.
- Eliminate white sugar and refined flour products and use more natural sweeteners (rice syrup, honey, molasses, fruit juices) and whole grains.
- Eliminate hydrogenated margarines and shortening and use cold-pressed oils or butter. Research has now linked margarine to an increase in atherosclerosis and coronary artery disease, despite its lack of cholesterol.
- Keep a natural balance in the diet as much as possible, with adequate fiber, complex carbohydrates, protein, and mineral-rich vegetables and fruits.
- Cook with stainless steel, glass or enameled ceramic cookware instead of aluminum, Teflon, or chemically treated cookware. If possible, include some fresh raw or uncooked vegetables and fruits in the diet everyday for vitamins, enzymes and fiber.
About the Manufacturer
Meridian Valley Laboratory
Meridian Valley Labs core values are quality and accuracy. People directing and working at all levels within their organization are fully qualified, conscientious and interested in providing the best laboratory services.
Meridian Valley Laboratory is a World leader and authority on hormone testing and food sensitivity testing. They pioneered 24 hour urine hormone testing and food allergy testing (IgG), and provide you a level of expertise that is unparalleled.