Estrogen Metabolism Plus is a comprehensive urinary hormone metabolism evaluation designed to assist in the prevention and treatment of estrogen-related symptoms and conditions. This provides clues about menstrual irregularities, infertility, endometriosis, breast cancer, and osteoporosis. Simple urine test your collect at home and send to the lab.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
EstroEssence Metabolism Plus is ideal for:
- The prevention and treatment of hormone-related symptoms and conditions
- Prescribing and monitoring Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Assessing the risk of hormone-related disease, including breast cancer
EstroEssence Metabolism Plus evaluates:
The Benefits of Urine Hormone Testing:
First-Morning-Void OR 24-hour urine collection
These simple, at-home collection options offer the advantage of a time average, effectively integrating spikes that may occur in these hormones over time. Measures the free, bio-available fraction of hormones Urinary testing measures the portion of hormones that are active in the body.
These metabolites contribute to provide a robust analysis of hormonal excess or deficiency, and help to assess the adequacy and safety of hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Anabolic/Catabolic Balance (ACB)
Therapy is directed at the source of the abnormality, which may include:
- HRT – estrogen, progesterone, androgens, thyroid, cortisol, etc.
- Methylation support - S-adenosyl-methionine (SAMe), B vitamins
- Estrogen Metabolism support - Indole-3-carbinol (I3C) and/or Diindolemethane (DIM)
Further treatments may be indicated by specific genomic testing (EstroGenomics™), which
identifies modifiable genetic influences that can impair healthy hormone metabolism.
Turn Around Time: 14 Days
Specimen Requirements: 120ml Aliquot of urine (24-hour urine collection ) with Aldosterone OR 120ml Aliquot of urine (first morning void)
Recommend women on HRT or hormonal contraceptives, to obtain specimen approximately
8-10 hours AFTER the last dose.
• Before Taking this Test: Premenopausal women, note date of menstrual cycle on the requisition.
About the Manufacturer
Genova Diagnostics and Metametrix have merged.
Genova Diagnostics is a global leader in functional laboratory testing, pioneering innovative new approaches to personalized medicine.
These tests focus on wellness, and prevention and allow you to take an active role in managing your health.Functional testing is designed to help identify problems before chronic conditions and diseases develop. Unlike traditional labs that focus on disease pathology, Genova and Metametrix specializes in comprehensive panels that combine standard and innovative biomarkers to provide a more complete understanding of specific biological systems. Insurance billing for these tests requires a phone consult with one of our practitioners to determine which test is right for you and to assign the code required by your insurance company.
Want to find the cause of your symptoms?
1. Purchase your labtest online.
2. The Lab order is provided by us.
3. Collect your saliva, urine, or fingerstick at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require blood draw at a lab of your choosing.
4. You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
5. Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Not available in MD. Some tests not available in NY.
How do I know what test I need?
1. If you are already working with a practitioner ask them.
2. Call our office to schedule a phone consultation and get recommendations from our wellness practitioners.
3. Use our Genova-Metametrix test selection guide.