The Celiac Disease Genetic test is a simple saliva collection. Determines your genetic susceptibility to celiac disease. Celiac disease is a genetic disorder that causes people affected with it to develop antibodies to attack gluten containing foods they ingest. Foods that contain gluten are wheat, oats, barley, and rye. When gluten is eaten antibodies are produced to attack the gluten but they also attack the instestine causing damage. As the villi in the small intestine becomes damaged an autoimmune reaction is triggered.
- More sensitive than blood and saliva tests, or biopsies
- No need to reintroduce gluten into the diet if already gluten-free
- Accuracy proven in children and adults
- Simple non-invasive mouth swab
- Collect in the privacy of your home
- Lab order provided
- You receive the results by email
Tests for HLA DQ2.5 AND HLA DQ8 genetic defect.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.