D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition Teacher Catalyst 60c is designed to provide maximum cell-integrity stabilization and to assist in the optimization of gut by enhancing cell repair and intracellular energy production.
Teacher Catalyst Strategy:
- Vitamin D: This important vitamin (actually a hormone) has important gene stabilizing effects. Vitamin D metabolites influence the expression of various genes involved in calcium homeostasis, cell differentiation, and regulation of the immune system.
- Selenium: This micromineral is important for its effect in enhancing gene methylation and its ability to remove genotoxins through interactions with the antioxidant glutathione. An adequate selenium status has for long been considered to prevent the development of various forms of cancer.
- Quercetin: A significant anti-mutagen, quercetin is a bioflavanoid anti-oxidant found in most plants. In addition to its cell-stabilizing effects, quercetin also enhances the cell's ability to process glucose and has mild anti-allergic properties.
- Panax Ginseng: American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius L., Araliaceae) possesses anti-cancer potential and is one of the most commonly used herbal medicines in the United States. Waxy components in American gensing, called saponins, have been shown to promote gene stability.
- ECGC Green Tea: The ends of human chromosomes are protected from the degradation associated with cell division by long end sections called telomeres. In normal cells telomeres lose up to 300 base pairs of DNA per cell division that ultimately leads to senescence; however, most cancer cells bypass this lifespan restriction through the expression of an enzyme that helps repair the telomeres (telomerase). Unfortunately many cancer cells express excess telemorase as part of their quest for immortality. ECGC Green Tea helps regulate telemorase activity, in addition to helping remethylate the sections of genes that demethylate with aging.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 60
Amount per Serving:
Vitamin D ... 800IU
Selenium ... 100mcg
(from Selenium Amino Acid Chelate)
Quercetin ... 200mg
Panax ginseng Root Extract ... 100mg
EGCG ... 25mg
(from standardized extract of Camilla sinensis Leaf)
GenoPlex Proprietary Blend ... 113mg
Turmeric (Curcuma longa Root), Green Tea Extract (from Camilla sinensis Leaf), Garlic Bulb (Allium sativum), Dandelion Leaf (Taraxacum officinale), Bilberry Fruit Extract (Vaccinium myrtillus), and Black Cherry Fruit Extract (Prunus serotina).
Other Ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose, L-Leucine, and Silicon Dioxide.
About the Manufacturer
Some of the benefits of using North American Pharmacal Right For Your Type products:
- A Superior Philosophy of Employment. When you know specific information about your biochemical individuality, using supplements can become much more effective. For example, in blood type A, the absorption of certain minerals is enhanced by pairing them with specific amino acids.
- Proper Dosage. Many supplements have unnecessary high doses of nutrients, introducing the risk of supplement overdose at one end, and wastefulness at the other. When we target supplement design to the individual, it assures not just the effective dose, but rather the proper dose: the minimum amount necessary to do the job.
- Unstinting Quality. I've been designing and testing natural products for over three decades. Over the years I've seen many changes; small, artisan-based companies that took pride in their delivery, education and techniques being replaced by corporate systems indistinguishable from any other industry, staffed by people who would just as soon sell you a mobile phone contract. Under these circumstances cost-cutting becomes company policy. But does the cost-cutting lead to loss of quality? Very often. At NAP we just don't think that way. These are the same supplements that I give my kids, prescribe to my patients, and take myself. Larch is a good example. Most larch products in the marketplace are food-grade, with a high gum content. NAP always uses nutraceutical grade larch.
- Science Based. Quality involves much more than just delivering what is promised on the label. For example, NAP uses a sea-plant derived calcium to make its PHYTOCAL series of individualized multiminerals. It is only found in one location in the ocean off the Beara Peninsula, in South Western Ireland. Our sea calcium grows for around five years in the crystal clear, pollution-free Atlantic waters, absorbing minerals and nutrients from the sea. The seaweed then falls to the ocean bed, where it becomes calcified. Local tidal patterns wash and gather it into one deep bed, the location of which is known to only a few people. We were the first company to market larch arabinogalactan (ARA6), now a staple of natural immune enhancement, almost twenty years ago.
- Education, Not Marketing. Many stores will not stock NAP products because they consider the educational curve 'too steep.' Why spend an hour with a client explaining lectins (and perhaps educating yourself) when the vitamin E and calcium on the shelf just sell themselves? We strive to deliver high quality educational content with our products. Our customer service folks are enthusiastic followers of the diet themselves. When you see an NAP product on a store shelf, that's the sign of a store that is really interested in taking the time to help people.