D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition Polyflora Probiotic (Type B) 120vc. The term "Probiotic" means "in favor of life". It was coined in 1910, by a Russian physician named Metchnikoff, who promoted a theory of longevity which associated prolonged life and improved health with decreased gastrointestinal toxicity. He suggested that aging is a process mediated by chronic exposure to putrefactive intoxication caused by imbalances in intestinal bacteria and that this process could be halted by the routine ingestion of lactic acid bacteria and their "fermented" ("cultured") food products. Almost 90 years have passed since he introduced these radical ideas; however, in many respects his ideas have been proven to be true. Consumption of lactic acid bacteria, or food cultured or fermented with these friendly microorganisms does extend life in animal experiments and does dramatically reduce a wide range of intestinal metabolites, such as indoles, polyamines, cresols, nitrates/nitrites, and carcinogens which we now know are counterproductive to good health.
Even using strains of friendly bacteria that have a great ability to survive digestion and colonize your digestive tract, there is a tendency for a gradual decline in the quantity of these bacteria over time. This decline is substantially worsened with stress, poor dietary choices, antibiotics and other drugs. In today's world, with all of it's modern pressures, the ability to maintain an optimal intestinal microbial balance is almost always taxed. It has also actually been estimated that we consume 1 million times LESS healthy bacteria in our diet today than are ancient ancestors consumed.
Polyflora B was especially designed by Dr. Peter D'Adamo to deliver therapeutic levels of blood type friendly bacteria (probiotics) and growth media (prebiotics) specific for type B. These are the exact same probiotic formulas that Dr. D'Adamo uses in his professional practice.
Vitamin E (from Rice Tocotrienol Complex) 5 IU, Probiotic Blend (Contains Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Lactobacillus sporogenes) 1.5 billion CFU, Larch Arabinogalactan 50 mg, Indian Elecampane (Inula racemosa) Tuber 50 mg, Bakerï¿½s Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) 50 mg. Other Ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose, Magnesium Trisilicate, Magnesium Stearate, and Silica. Rice Tocotrienol Complex contains d,Alpha Tocopherol, d,Gamma Tocotrienol, d,Alpha Tocotrienol, d,Gamma Tocopherol, d,Delta Tocopherol, d,Delta Tocotrienol, d,Beta Tocopherol, and d,Beta Tocotrienol.
About the Manufacturer
Some of the benefits of using North American Pharmacal Right For Your Type products:
- A Superior Philosophy of Employment. When you know specific information about your biochemical individuality, using supplements can become much more effective. For example, in blood type A, the absorption of certain minerals is enhanced by pairing them with specific amino acids.
- Proper Dosage. Many supplements have unnecessary high doses of nutrients, introducing the risk of supplement overdose at one end, and wastefulness at the other. When we target supplement design to the individual, it assures not just the effective dose, but rather the proper dose: the minimum amount necessary to do the job.
- Unstinting Quality. I've been designing and testing natural products for over three decades. Over the years I've seen many changes; small, artisan-based companies that took pride in their delivery, education and techniques being replaced by corporate systems indistinguishable from any other industry, staffed by people who would just as soon sell you a mobile phone contract. Under these circumstances cost-cutting becomes company policy. But does the cost-cutting lead to loss of quality? Very often. At NAP we just don't think that way. These are the same supplements that I give my kids, prescribe to my patients, and take myself. Larch is a good example. Most larch products in the marketplace are food-grade, with a high gum content. NAP always uses nutraceutical grade larch.
- Science Based. Quality involves much more than just delivering what is promised on the label. For example, NAP uses a sea-plant derived calcium to make its PHYTOCAL series of individualized multiminerals. It is only found in one location in the ocean off the Beara Peninsula, in South Western Ireland. Our sea calcium grows for around five years in the crystal clear, pollution-free Atlantic waters, absorbing minerals and nutrients from the sea. The seaweed then falls to the ocean bed, where it becomes calcified. Local tidal patterns wash and gather it into one deep bed, the location of which is known to only a few people. We were the first company to market larch arabinogalactan (ARA6), now a staple of natural immune enhancement, almost twenty years ago.
- Education, Not Marketing. Many stores will not stock NAP products because they consider the educational curve 'too steep.' Why spend an hour with a client explaining lectins (and perhaps educating yourself) when the vitamin E and calcium on the shelf just sell themselves? We strive to deliver high quality educational content with our products. Our customer service folks are enthusiastic followers of the diet themselves. When you see an NAP product on a store shelf, that's the sign of a store that is really interested in taking the time to help people.