D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition Ocubright 60c. We are pleased to reintroduce Ocubright, a stellar botanical-vitamin formula designed to promote healthy visual function. It was reformulated by Dr. Peter D'Adamo to support visual acuity and eye health, and it is a blend of six ingredients that have been well-researched for their role in supporting visual health and vitality.
Highlights of the Ocubright formulation include:
Lutein and Zeaxanthin: Lutein is a carotenoid typically found in conjunction with zeaxanthin. Studies suggest that high consumption of lutein reduces the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration and cataracts. Foods containing high concentrations of luteins, such as broccoli, spinach and kale are associated with the greatest eye effects.
Bilberry: The bilberry leaf and fruit contain powerful anti-oxidants known as anthocynanadins, which decrease vascular permeability, and have anti-inflammatory and anti-edema effects. Laboratory studies have provided evidence that bilberry consumption enhances the health of the center visual field (macula) of the eye.
Taurine: Found in high concentrations in the eye, Taurine is the most plentiful amino acid in the retina of all animal species. Taurine has multiple functions in maintaining normal retinal structure and function. Taurine deficiency has been linked to retinal degeneration.
Zinc: Zinc is an essential trace element. One of the most important roles it plays is in the maintenance of vision. It is present in high concentrations in the eye, particularly in the retina and choroid. Zinc deficiency can alter vision, and severe deficiency causes changes in the retina and retinal pigment epithelium (RPE).
Copper: An essential trace mineral, copper is widely distributed in foods, particularly seafood, nuts, seeds, wheat bran cereals, and grain products. As zinc can inhibit copper absorption in the body, a small amount of copper has been added to the formulation to maintain healthy copper levels.
Eyebright (Euphrasia): Its medicinal properties include antibacterial and astringent properties, and it has long been used by Western herbalists as an eyewash to soothe burning and tired eyes.
The synergistic actions of the six ingredients in Ocubright provide general eye health, sharpness of vision, and provide protection from photodamage.
Eyebright Herb 125mg
Billberry Fruit 5:1 Extract 100mg
About the Manufacturer
Some of the benefits of using North American Pharmacal Right For Your Type products:
- A Superior Philosophy of Employment. When you know specific information about your biochemical individuality, using supplements can become much more effective. For example, in blood type A, the absorption of certain minerals is enhanced by pairing them with specific amino acids.
- Proper Dosage. Many supplements have unnecessary high doses of nutrients, introducing the risk of supplement overdose at one end, and wastefulness at the other. When we target supplement design to the individual, it assures not just the effective dose, but rather the proper dose: the minimum amount necessary to do the job.
- Unstinting Quality. I've been designing and testing natural products for over three decades. Over the years I've seen many changes; small, artisan-based companies that took pride in their delivery, education and techniques being replaced by corporate systems indistinguishable from any other industry, staffed by people who would just as soon sell you a mobile phone contract. Under these circumstances cost-cutting becomes company policy. But does the cost-cutting lead to loss of quality? Very often. At NAP we just don't think that way. These are the same supplements that I give my kids, prescribe to my patients, and take myself. Larch is a good example. Most larch products in the marketplace are food-grade, with a high gum content. NAP always uses nutraceutical grade larch.
- Science Based. Quality involves much more than just delivering what is promised on the label. For example, NAP uses a sea-plant derived calcium to make its PHYTOCAL series of individualized multiminerals. It is only found in one location in the ocean off the Beara Peninsula, in South Western Ireland. Our sea calcium grows for around five years in the crystal clear, pollution-free Atlantic waters, absorbing minerals and nutrients from the sea. The seaweed then falls to the ocean bed, where it becomes calcified. Local tidal patterns wash and gather it into one deep bed, the location of which is known to only a few people. We were the first company to market larch arabinogalactan (ARA6), now a staple of natural immune enhancement, almost twenty years ago.
- Education, Not Marketing. Many stores will not stock NAP products because they consider the educational curve 'too steep.' Why spend an hour with a client explaining lectins (and perhaps educating yourself) when the vitamin E and calcium on the shelf just sell themselves? We strive to deliver high quality educational content with our products. Our customer service folks are enthusiastic followers of the diet themselves. When you see an NAP product on a store shelf, that's the sign of a store that is really interested in taking the time to help people.