D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition Intrinsa 120c. Created for use in his clinical practice, Dr. D’Adamo has blended two synergistic dietary nutrients, Butyric Acid and Caprylic Acid, with Larch Arabinogalactan to create a superior formula to protect and support stomach, intestine, and colon health.
Butyric acid is a short chain fatty acid, which supports the health and healing of cells in the small and large intestine, and serves the natural processes of aerobic energy metabolism. Short chain fatty acids can have the protective ability of impeding the proliferation of damaging cells in the colon, and have been associated with helping to maintain healthy blood lipid and sugar levels.
Caprylic acid is a medium-chain fatty acid that is absorbed from the intestines and carried by blood lipids. However, medium-chain fatty acids have more difficulty in penetrating fatty cell walls. In the Intrinsa formula, caprylic acid works synergistically with butyric acid — a short chain fatty acid — so that it can more easily penetrate tissues in the body such as muscles, joints, and sinuses. Caprylic acid is known to have anti-fungal properties.
Mounting evidence also suggests that some of the naturally derived, medium-chain, saturated fatty acids also possess anti-microbial and anti-parasitic properties. Larch arabinogalactan further enhances the Intrinsa formula, improving gastrointestinal health by increasing gut microflora, and offering immune enhancing properties. Magnesium acts to stabilize and blend the two protective fatty acids.
Butyric Acid 500mg
Caprylic Acid 335mg
Larch Arabinogalactan 70mg
About the Manufacturer
Some of the benefits of using North American Pharmacal Right For Your Type products:
- A Superior Philosophy of Employment. When you know specific information about your biochemical individuality, using supplements can become much more effective. For example, in blood type A, the absorption of certain minerals is enhanced by pairing them with specific amino acids.
- Proper Dosage. Many supplements have unnecessary high doses of nutrients, introducing the risk of supplement overdose at one end, and wastefulness at the other. When we target supplement design to the individual, it assures not just the effective dose, but rather the proper dose: the minimum amount necessary to do the job.
- Unstinting Quality. I've been designing and testing natural products for over three decades. Over the years I've seen many changes; small, artisan-based companies that took pride in their delivery, education and techniques being replaced by corporate systems indistinguishable from any other industry, staffed by people who would just as soon sell you a mobile phone contract. Under these circumstances cost-cutting becomes company policy. But does the cost-cutting lead to loss of quality? Very often. At NAP we just don't think that way. These are the same supplements that I give my kids, prescribe to my patients, and take myself. Larch is a good example. Most larch products in the marketplace are food-grade, with a high gum content. NAP always uses nutraceutical grade larch.
- Science Based. Quality involves much more than just delivering what is promised on the label. For example, NAP uses a sea-plant derived calcium to make its PHYTOCAL series of individualized multiminerals. It is only found in one location in the ocean off the Beara Peninsula, in South Western Ireland. Our sea calcium grows for around five years in the crystal clear, pollution-free Atlantic waters, absorbing minerals and nutrients from the sea. The seaweed then falls to the ocean bed, where it becomes calcified. Local tidal patterns wash and gather it into one deep bed, the location of which is known to only a few people. We were the first company to market larch arabinogalactan (ARA6), now a staple of natural immune enhancement, almost twenty years ago.
- Education, Not Marketing. Many stores will not stock NAP products because they consider the educational curve 'too steep.' Why spend an hour with a client explaining lectins (and perhaps educating yourself) when the vitamin E and calcium on the shelf just sell themselves? We strive to deliver high quality educational content with our products. Our customer service folks are enthusiastic followers of the diet themselves. When you see an NAP product on a store shelf, that's the sign of a store that is really interested in taking the time to help people.