D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition Histona Ulterior 60c is the new and improved reformulation of our bestselling formula Histona. The new product increases the dosage of Magnolia bark and supplies two additional herbal synergist factors, Dan Shen (Salvia miltiorrhiza) and Chinese Skullcap (Scutellaria baicalensis).
Magnolia is a traditional Chinese medicine used since ancient times for tension, fatigue and digestive disturbances caused by emotional stress. Recent studies have shown that the two main components of magnolia, the anti-oxidants honokiol and magnolol, have a wide variety of beneficial effects on stress, immunity and metabolism.
Stress relief: The honokiol in Magnolia bark has been shown to posses mild but non-sedating anxiolytic (anti-anxiety ) activity at low doses. Magnolia can help to relieve stress symptoms without causing drowsiness. Newer claims are emerging, however, to link magnolia's anti-stress benefits with control of the body's primary stress hormone, cortisol. Cortisol imbalance has been associated with obesity, diabetes, osteoporosis, memory problems, and suppressed immune function.
Anti-oxidant and brain health: The magnolol and honokiol components of Magnolia officinalis are one thousand times more potent than alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E) in their antioxidant activity. Other research groups have shown both magnolol and honokiol to possess powerful "brain-health" benefits via their actions in modulating the activity of various neurotransmitters and related enzymes in the brain.
Metabolic effects: Magnolia's effect on cortisol is just one of the ways that this amazing herb can help enhance healthy metabolic and immune function: Magnolia has also been shown to reduce allergic reactions and the herb is also an effective inhibitor of AGE (Advanced Glycation End Products).
Histona Ulterior also features two synergistic herbs:
Salvia has been used to support healthy heart function as well as for its anti-inflammatory properties.
Chinese skullcap root has a cell-regulating effect and encourages efficient removal of metabolically compromised cells, which have become dysfunctional, either through age or malformation.
Histona Ulterior is designed to provide a broad spectrum of cell normalization, enhance cognitive function, metabolic support, anti-oxidant protection, and achieve relief from occasional stress. As such it occupies a prime place in Dr. D'Adamo's nutritional strategies for weight control.
This formula has powerful synergistic properties in the following recommended combinations:
Combine with Tranquility Base for even more powerful support of the body's natural ability to manage and recover from occasional stress
Combine with Cortiguard to support the body's natural ability to regulate/modulate naturally occurring cortisol (especially for Blood Type A)
Combine with Glycoscia and Fucus Plus to support the body's ability to regulate processes related to weight gain and weight loss and to minimize and mitigate the effect of AGE (advanced glycation endproducts)
Magnolia Bark 250mg
Chinese Skullcap Root Extract 120mg
Salvia Miltiorrhiza Root 100mg
Betaine HCI 30mg
About the Manufacturer
Some of the benefits of using North American Pharmacal Right For Your Type products:
- A Superior Philosophy of Employment. When you know specific information about your biochemical individuality, using supplements can become much more effective. For example, in blood type A, the absorption of certain minerals is enhanced by pairing them with specific amino acids.
- Proper Dosage. Many supplements have unnecessary high doses of nutrients, introducing the risk of supplement overdose at one end, and wastefulness at the other. When we target supplement design to the individual, it assures not just the effective dose, but rather the proper dose: the minimum amount necessary to do the job.
- Unstinting Quality. I've been designing and testing natural products for over three decades. Over the years I've seen many changes; small, artisan-based companies that took pride in their delivery, education and techniques being replaced by corporate systems indistinguishable from any other industry, staffed by people who would just as soon sell you a mobile phone contract. Under these circumstances cost-cutting becomes company policy. But does the cost-cutting lead to loss of quality? Very often. At NAP we just don't think that way. These are the same supplements that I give my kids, prescribe to my patients, and take myself. Larch is a good example. Most larch products in the marketplace are food-grade, with a high gum content. NAP always uses nutraceutical grade larch.
- Science Based. Quality involves much more than just delivering what is promised on the label. For example, NAP uses a sea-plant derived calcium to make its PHYTOCAL series of individualized multiminerals. It is only found in one location in the ocean off the Beara Peninsula, in South Western Ireland. Our sea calcium grows for around five years in the crystal clear, pollution-free Atlantic waters, absorbing minerals and nutrients from the sea. The seaweed then falls to the ocean bed, where it becomes calcified. Local tidal patterns wash and gather it into one deep bed, the location of which is known to only a few people. We were the first company to market larch arabinogalactan (ARA6), now a staple of natural immune enhancement, almost twenty years ago.
- Education, Not Marketing. Many stores will not stock NAP products because they consider the educational curve 'too steep.' Why spend an hour with a client explaining lectins (and perhaps educating yourself) when the vitamin E and calcium on the shelf just sell themselves? We strive to deliver high quality educational content with our products. Our customer service folks are enthusiastic followers of the diet themselves. When you see an NAP product on a store shelf, that's the sign of a store that is really interested in taking the time to help people.