D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition Gatherer Activator 60c is rich in herbs which minimize tissue glycation and healthy blood sugar control.
Gatherer Activator Supplement Strategy:
¦Carnosine: Carnosine is a small molecule composed of the amino acids histidine and alanine. Carnosine is found in relatively high concentrations in several body tissues—most notably in skeletal muscle, heart muscle, nerve tissue and brain. Studies indicate that carnosine has antioxidant potential. Carnosine has been called a longevity nutrient since laboratory studies indicate that it can delay glycation damage and tissue senescence and provoke cellular rejuvenation.
¦Quercetin: A powerful natural antioxidant, quercetin has beneficial effects on the proper processing of sugar, removing byproducts and enhancing tissue health.
¦Yerba Mate: This Amazon herb contains theobromine, the mood-lifting xanthine also present in chocolate, helps to naturally enhance one's mood. Yerba mate is in extensive use in South America where it is used as a coffee substitute to enhance sustained energy, appetite control and mental clarity. Yerba Mate is also one of the best herbs at keeping tissue glycation at healthy levels.
¦Salacia: The herb Salacia Oblogna Root has been used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of blood sugar imbalances. Salacia plays an important role in supporting natural carbohydrate metabolism and in maintaining the homeostasis of lipid metabolism. The inhibition of these substances is thought to decrease blood glucose levels.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving:
Carnosine ... 100mg
Quercetin ... 100mg
Yerba Matte Leaf Extract ... 100mg
(from llex paraguariensis)
Salacia oblonga Root Bark Extract ... 50mg
EGGS ... 25mg
(Epigallocatechin Gallate, from Camilla sinensis Leaf)
GenoPlex Proprietary Blend ... 113mg
Contains: Turmeric (Curcuma longa Root), Garlic Bulb (Allium sativum), Dadelion Leaf (Taraxacum officinale), Bilberry Fruit Extract (from Vaccinium myrtillus) and Black Cherry Fruit Extract (Prunus serotina).
Other Ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose, L-Leucine, Magnesium Citrate, and Silica
About the Manufacturer
Some of the benefits of using North American Pharmacal Right For Your Type products:
- A Superior Philosophy of Employment. When you know specific information about your biochemical individuality, using supplements can become much more effective. For example, in blood type A, the absorption of certain minerals is enhanced by pairing them with specific amino acids.
- Proper Dosage. Many supplements have unnecessary high doses of nutrients, introducing the risk of supplement overdose at one end, and wastefulness at the other. When we target supplement design to the individual, it assures not just the effective dose, but rather the proper dose: the minimum amount necessary to do the job.
- Unstinting Quality. I've been designing and testing natural products for over three decades. Over the years I've seen many changes; small, artisan-based companies that took pride in their delivery, education and techniques being replaced by corporate systems indistinguishable from any other industry, staffed by people who would just as soon sell you a mobile phone contract. Under these circumstances cost-cutting becomes company policy. But does the cost-cutting lead to loss of quality? Very often. At NAP we just don't think that way. These are the same supplements that I give my kids, prescribe to my patients, and take myself. Larch is a good example. Most larch products in the marketplace are food-grade, with a high gum content. NAP always uses nutraceutical grade larch.
- Science Based. Quality involves much more than just delivering what is promised on the label. For example, NAP uses a sea-plant derived calcium to make its PHYTOCAL series of individualized multiminerals. It is only found in one location in the ocean off the Beara Peninsula, in South Western Ireland. Our sea calcium grows for around five years in the crystal clear, pollution-free Atlantic waters, absorbing minerals and nutrients from the sea. The seaweed then falls to the ocean bed, where it becomes calcified. Local tidal patterns wash and gather it into one deep bed, the location of which is known to only a few people. We were the first company to market larch arabinogalactan (ARA6), now a staple of natural immune enhancement, almost twenty years ago.
- Education, Not Marketing. Many stores will not stock NAP products because they consider the educational curve 'too steep.' Why spend an hour with a client explaining lectins (and perhaps educating yourself) when the vitamin E and calcium on the shelf just sell themselves? We strive to deliver high quality educational content with our products. Our customer service folks are enthusiastic followers of the diet themselves. When you see an NAP product on a store shelf, that's the sign of a store that is really interested in taking the time to help people.