C Reactive Protein is a measurement of CRP by a high sensitivity assay, hs-CRP, allows for a lower detection limit related to chronic, low grade inflammation which is associated with heart disease. High Sensitivity C Reactive Protein may add to the predicative value of other markers used to assess a patient's risk of heart and peripheral vascular disease.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
C Reactive Protein Finger Stick
CRP remains a general nonspecific marker of inflammation and tissue damage in the body.
In addition to injury and infection, elevated levels may occur for other reasons including:
Recent major surgery
Autoimmune condition (Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus)
Long-term disease (Cancer)
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
CRP may be used to monitor treatment measures for the inflammatory condition once identified.
CRP test is not advised for the individual on chronic steroid medication use.